In consideration of the recommendations from the MI Dept of Health & Human Services as of Nov 15, we will be suspending in-person instruction and implementing remote instruction beginning Wednesday, Nov 18 through Tuesday, Dec 8, 2020. Please contact your teacher or call the office at 616-494-3416 if you have questions.
Adult Education has developed an online teaching and learning site in response to COVID-19. Please follow the link to both register and access available resources.
Free Tuition for Essential Workers
Going back to school is a chance to follow a dream. It is never to late. Learn more about going back to school!
Adult Education Classes
The purpose of the Zeeland/Holland Education Program is to assist students in reaching their educational goal and to prepare them for their next step in education and/or employment. We offer free classes for students to earn a GED Certificate. We also offer free ESL classes for students to learn English.
While studying for the GED all students will also participate in the Literacy to Work Program. This program is free of charge and will prepare students for their next stop in education and/or employment. The Literacy to Work Program includes the following components:
ESL / ABE / GED- Instruction by experienced certified teachers
- Career Coaching- To help plan what happens beyond GED attainment, Post-Secondary Education Advising and Financial Aid Assistance, and Introduction to Ottawa County Michigan Works! Services
- National Career Readiness Certificate, Work Keys- Certification for work readiness recognized by over 500 employers in West Michigan
- Financial Literacy- Personal financial education
- Computer Literacy- Basic and advanced computer classes for beginning and intermediate users
- Employability Skills Training- Earn a Employability Skills Certificate
- College Credits- Complete the LTW components (including the GED) and earn 3 college credits for free
Contact Brenda at 616-494-8803 or email email@example.com to register.
The program is open entry and orientations are offered weekly. Please call (616) 494.8803 to register for the next available session.
Requirements for Students
- Must be 18 or older
- Must attend orientations and complete assessments
Contact Adult Education
GED/ABE and Literacy to Work
Classes are offered at the following times and locations:
96 W 15th St, Suite 101, Holland
Room 210 (second floor)
Mon - Thur 9:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Mon, Tue, Wed 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Fennville District Library
400 West Main St, Fennville
Thu 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Allendale Township Library
6175 Library Lane, Allendale
Mon, Tue 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Career & Technical Education Classes through M-TEC Partnership
Dual enrollment in Carreer & Technology Education classes and Adult Education classes for eligible students
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Business Communication
- Other classes such as CNC and Applied Welding
Citizenship Classes also offered.
Classes offered at the following times and locations:
96 W 15th St, Suite 101, Holland
Tue, Wed, Thu 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Tue, Wed, Thu 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
945 136th Ave, Holland
Tue, Thu 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Fennville Adult Education
5 Memorial Drive, Fennville
Mon, Wed 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
St John’s Episcopal Church
524 Washington Ave, Grand Haven
Mon, Tue, Wed 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Take our student survey!